Corrections to History and Stories of Clyde River
Anyone undertaking an historical project can likely understand the number of details and facts that need checking. Although we tried our best to verify information, our readers of the first edition generously offered corrections which we will be able to include in a second printing of this book. If any of you have other corrections, we welcome you to also send them to us. Additional changes will be made if the correct information is provided to the Committee.
Here is the list of corrections as of August 2010:
- Page 44 Beer write-up italized section. Add Derry, that is County Derry, Ireland
- Page 49, #9 (Gillespie write-up) Should be Eleanor (not Ellen) MacKinnon. Children were daughters, Edna, Violet, Viola and Tena; sons Thomas, John Craig, and Kenison
- P. 65, (Hickox write-up) Beatrice (Hickox) married Edmund Waller (not George)
- P. 78, (MacLean) Daniel MacLean married Clara Warren (not Edith Fraser)
- P. 92, (MacPhail) Second paragraph – computer jump. Should read “Livingston. Both”
- P. 177, (Livingston) Bottom paragraph should read Mrs. Archibald Livingston (not Mrs. Spurgeon Livingston)
- P. 217, (school picture 1953-1954) Insert Elizabeth Cameron’s name between Shirley Hyde and Percy Scott – second row.
- P. 258, another computer jump – Add line to list of Presidents of the Clyde River Women’s Institute : 2004-2007 Jo-Ann MacPhail
- P. 280, second full paragraph – Take out (Sadie) before Jessie McQueen (Murchison)
- P. 295, Veterans list World War I, # 10. Edward D. Should read Edward D. MacPhail.
- P. 296, add fourth row to Veteran’s picture World War II – left to right – Rodney Matheson, Everett Murray, Harold Murray and Wendell Scott.
- P. 313, add J.L. Hogg Transport Ltd. to list of Clyde River businesses.
p.100 (Murray house) Anderaag should be spelled Anderegg
Additional pictures and interesting historic information brought forward since the printing of the history have been or will be shown on the Clyde River web page. As well, pictures can be added to the history photo album at the Riverview Community Centre.
Eleanor MacKinnon – youngest daughter Tina. Thank you so much.
Just reading the above about page 49 “Gillespie” and note that the correction should be made on the spelling of Kenison’s name, note that it is one “n” not 2.
His full name was Ewen Kenison.
Although, he went by “Kenison” Also, Kenison was older than my father John Craig, who was also known as “Jack”.
Please forgive me …. Aunt Tena spelled her name TENA, not TINA as I indicated earlier. Thank you so much.
The change has been noted. Thanks.
p. 44 Beer family history………. 3rd line should read
“…..The deceased was born in County Derry,”
The word “Derry” is missing.