Proof of the old Clyde River wharf
Charles MacLean came to PEI in the early 1800’s and settled in Meadow Bank. In 1901, his grandson C.D. MacLean bought property on the Clyde River Road from Artemus Hyde. This property is now owned by sixth generation descendent William Allan MacLean. There are eight generations in this MacLean family.
In the Clyde River history, there’s talk of a wharf where boats used to pick up produce like potatoes and deliver goods such as lumber. Residents also told stories of boats being built in this area. This picture, date unknown, was found by Allan’s mother Jean and it is proof of a Clyde River wharf. Although erosion and weather has taken its toll, there’s still some evidence of this wharf below the MacLean property on the Clyde River.