Friends of Clyde River Celebrates its First Year
It has been a busy and rewarding year for the Friends of Clyde River, and we thank all of you for attending, supporting and volunteering at community events. The purpose of the Friends is to undertake special projects that promote community spirit, offer historical education, manage Murchison Place Park and provide community news and stories via the community website.
An overview of the 2012-13 activities and events include:
- Pancake breakfast in 2012 with another one coming up this Sunday morning
- Historical Lectures from January to March
- JoyFit Exercise Program that runs Monday and Wednesday mornings throughout the year
- Concert in the Park in July
- Art in the Park in August
- Park improvements that included new playground equipment, bathroom rental, and enhancement to flower beds
- Stories featured on the website throughout the year. A total of 300 stories have been published on the Clyde River website with nearly 60,000 page views since it was first launched in November 2009.
Friends of Clyde River is made up of community members that take a lead within the various working groups:
Bruce Brine: Friends of Clyde River Chair & Finance
Alex Dixon: Murchison Place Park
Jo-Ann MacPhail: Park and Community Spirit
Lisa Ross: Park and Community Spirit
Melody Sider: Community Spirit
Sandra Cameron: Historical Education
Vivian Beer: Website Communications & Historical Education
We invite anyone to volunteer for any of our activities. You can enjoy community work that best fits your interests.
If you wish to participate through financial donation, we invite you to support the ongoing work of the Friends of Clyde River. You will receive a tax receipt for a donation of $25 or greater. Please make your cheque payable to Clyde River Community Council. The donation will be passed on to the Friends of Clyde River. You have the option to indicate that your donation be used for specific projects or activities that the Friends of Clyde River carries out.