History Working Bee, Nov. 21, 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
The Clyde River History Committee is hosting a History Working Bee on Saturday, November 21st, 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. at the Riverview Community Centre. This event is a chance to come together to move along any history projects/activities that you may be working on.
The folks who have attended our history events over the past three years have built up a rich historical knowledge of the community. The History Committee has seen first hand that those attending our events love solving historical puzzles, whether it is identifying folks in pictures or offering background to references made in old diaries or scrapbooks. It is amazing to see how one person’s memory will spark a memory of a story that another person heard from their parents or grandparents. It’s like solving a big historical jigsaw puzzle. Each person offers one more piece. It’s satisfying and enjoyable.
We thought our audience of history enthusiasts would be a valuable resource for anyone working on a history activity. Whether you have attended one of our events or not, do you have a history project in the works or plan to this winter?
- Are you developing a family tree and stuck on one of the branches?
- Are you trying to identify people in a heritage family photo album and no matter how long you stare at them, you can’t figure out who they are?
- Are you sorting through historical items or artifacts and trying to decide what to keep and what to give away?
- Are you trying to interpret references made in old family diaries and scrapbooks?
Has your project raised more questions than answers? Well, take along your project and list of questions to the event. This is your chance to get help solving the puzzle. Even if you don’t have a history project in progress, you can still enjoy stories, conversations and refreshments with people who love history.
All are welcome to attend, whether you want to share your historical knowledge or you are seeking to learn more, you will have an enjoyable afternoon. As for our online audience living in other parts of the world, you are also welcome to participate with a question or to offer information – just contact us through this website or by emailing any of the contacts below.
If anyone has any questions in advance of the event, please connect with any member on our history committee:
- Sandra Cameron – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hilda Colodey – email@example.com
- Bruce Brine – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vivian Beer – email@example.com
Find out how much fun history can be and how it can help us get through the winter.