Looking for Recipes with Rhubarb
April 16, 2011/History
Please include your recipes in the comments area or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make sure they are included on the recipes page.
Some of the benefits of rhubarb include:
- Rhubarb has been credited with reducing the risk of cancer.
- Fresh rhubarb stalk is a good source of dietary fiber and is beneficial for those suffering from indigestion.
- Eating a cold piece of rhubarb stalk helps counterbalance stomach acid.
- Regular consumption of fresh rhubarb has a positive effect on lowering blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- It is believed that regular intake of rhubarb extract diminishes the problem of hot flashes.
- Rhubarb has been found to have anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-allergy properties.
- Rhubarb is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium and high in dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, calcium, potassium, manganese, magnesium.
- Rhubarb helps with maintaining good general health with low carbohydrate and high fiber content.
- The potassium in rhubarb stimulates the metabolic rate which makes it good for weight loss management.
Check out the “recipes” page as we add to our list of rhubarb delights. Link here.